Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's october: LET THE SPOOKY BEGIN

It's october and I want to wear black everyday, eat candy, and watch one Halloween movie a day. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year because i'm not sweating constantly, everything gets spooky, and the most beautiful of colors come into style like maroon, mustard, slate gray, teal, and lots of plaid. For me, dressing for fall is something I've had little experience with because the only fall I've experienced is in my childhood, where fall fashion was not a big deal to me. After moving to Maui when I was 12, I had never experienced a true fall! But in 13 days, I am moving to Seattle! Yippee! So in anticipation, I have to been doing my research on how to properly dress in fall, and these are my favorite staple items. 


Khaki pants can be paired with deep, rich fall colors, but also transition nicely into spring and can be paired with soft pastel colors. 

Pleated skirts with tights, so you don't have to pack all your summer clothes away. 

More ways to style pleated skirts. (Also Taylor Swift is KILLING this whole fall fashion thing. She's someone I've been looking at for inspiration.)
A great maroon knit sweater. I think everyone should have a maroon one, but I also love grays and tans as well.


Leather leggings provide good warmth when the wind blows when you're walking around at night, and are super sleek for night life. 

and of COURSE lots and lots of flannels. Great for wearing on its own or layering underneath sweaters, or even tying around your waist to bring a little flare to your wardrobe.

Now since I don't live in 60 degree weather yet and have been getting dressed for 90 degree weather, these are my October inspired outfits! 

Shirt: Brandy Melville 
Skirt: Forever 21


I'm actually wearing a full bodysuit underneath with shorts underneath, which my favorite thing to wear under sheer dresses and skirts like this!


Choker: Claires
Skirt and Shirt: Forever 21


Chokers are definitely my favorite comeback of this season of fall fashion. I'm just angry how you used to buy them for 25 cents when I was a kid, and now I have to pay $4.50! 

For fall beauty looks, I am obsessed with dark lipsticks. I want every shade of purple and wine ever made. The shade I'm wearing in the photo above is "Cyber" from MAC. It's a black based purple and perfect for getting your spooky on~
Another favorite fall lipstick color of mine is "Diva" from MAC.
If Diva is all out, a nice alternative is "Sin" from MAC as well. Sin is just a tad darker, but hey, it IS Halloween season. 

Also i kept my Halloween bliss going with this fierce black mani.


I'll hopefully be more faithful to this as I go on. I'll also keep you all updated on the big move to Seattle! Luv ya cuties~




0 comments:

Post a Comment